There are 365 days in a year (366 in a leap year). Every day, I wake up and look in the mirror...and every day I am a different person from the day before.
I have some days where I wake up high-spirited and ready to take over the world with the help of my trusty heels; then there are days when I wake up and I have an attitude about everything, and occasionally the times when I wake up wondering why exactly I woke up and bury myself back into the confides of my bed sheets.
Regardless of what mood I'm in, I manage to pull myself out of bed and slump into the bathroom. When I pick up my toothbrush to brush my teeth, I habitually stare into the mirror. In those 3 minutes, the windows to my eyes open and I can gaze into my soul and see who I really am. I can see past the abuttals of my physical being. I see into my heart, my mind, my soul.
Every day we meet different people that have their preconceived notions about who we are and our life stories...and often time we begin to let said notions define who we really are.
Only you can define who you really are. When you're standing in front of that mirror, you cannot deny your true character; don't let other people determine your life story.
xoxo,
Miss Nwoka

This is deep Jess.
ReplyDeleteYour, inspirational, thanks!
ReplyDelete