As some of you may know, I'm African...Nigerian to be specific.
With my ethnic background, comes culture...and with that comes the celebration of said culture.
On Saturday, my family and I went to an event called the 'Omenana Cultural Event'.
I saw family that I haven't seen in years, managed to take some pictures, and even recorded a few videos. There were a lot more performances that I didn't catch on film (my phone and camera died)
It was a really fun night.
![]() |
| Yummy! |
![]() |
| I was offered some kola nut; blech. |
![]() |
| Aunty Elizabeth |
![]() |
| Aunty Ify |
![]() |
| My adorable little cousins |
![]() |
| Festive dancing masquerade |
![]() |
| Masquerade being escorted out of the hall |
![]() |
| Older men with a masquerade |
![]() |
| Uhm. Who taught her how to pose like that? |
![]() |
| My cousin made take a picture with her. :) |
![]() |
| 20 somethings dancing |
![]() |
| The adorable girls from the children's dance group |
![]() |
| It's tradition to spray dancers with money |
![]() |
| The children's dance group |
![]() |
| She had so much grace. |
xoxo,
Miss Nwoka















No comments:
Post a Comment