When you love a book, you know the movie isn't going to be the same...there is NO WAY to fit every scene from a book into less than two hours.
As a fan of the book, I have to say...this movie was well done!
It's so crazy to imagine that not too long ago, this was the reality for black women in the south. I think Tate Taylor did an amazing job of telling the women's stories while also keeping true to the book.
Any who...this movie took me on a roller coaster of emotions (maybe it's because I'm going through a breakup and I've been incredibly emotional) but I laughed, I WEPT, I yelled...I did it all.
This movie is definitely a must see.
RATING: 9.5 out of 10
xoxo,
Miss Nwoka
Miss Nwoka

Great review. I always hate when the movie goes away from the plot of the book. I defiantly will get to reading this book and seeing the movie.
ReplyDeleteI'm SO excited to see this film! The book was AMAZING
ReplyDeletehttp://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com
sounds like a good one :)
ReplyDelete