There are people in this world that cannot afford to have shoes...we have now come into a time in society where people fight, rob one another and even riot over a pair of SNEAKERS! What a materialistic world we must live in if a person loses his/her life over a pair of sneakers...that will eventually become tattered, dusty, and full of holes.
A young man by the name of Leonard Smith Matthews was stabbed and killed in Hyattsville, Maryland while trying to defend his friend who was wearing a pair of Nike Air Foamposite Pro “Retro’s”, the hottest new Foamposite sneakers that recently released...He was only 21 years old.
I have REALLY tried so hard to avoid speaking about it thoughtless of putting it on a blog where endless people will see it...but I have been busy crying in silence for the past week over a life lost. My friend. My first high school crush. Leonard was such a good person. He'd lend me money if I didn't have enough...not to mention he was a great friend and talented musician.
Police have charged a 17-year-old with first-degree murder in connection with Leonard's stabbing. 17-year-old Derrell Emmanuel Mason, a student of Arch Bishop Carroll High School was arrested at his home in Northwest Washington D.C. and charged with first-degree murder.
I do not want to write anything out of hate...I do not want to write anything out of spite. I can only pray that justice prevails, that God has mercy on his soul, and that Leonard can finally rest in peace.
Hopefully this will be a lesson to others that we have to do better! We should not let the 'glamorous' things of this world get in our way of being good people.
xoxo,
Miss Nwoka


No comments:
Post a Comment